Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

snow, snow, and more snow

Whew. This is a lot of snow. I just finished shoveling my driveway....which was a lot of snow. About halfway through I realized the size of my driveway that I have in my head is about half of its real size. I was all gung-ho about completing it all by myself, until Rick, my neighbor up the street stopped by and asked I'd like help. Well, I sure as heck wasn't going to turn him away as I'd already been out there for a super long time.

Never met him before. Attorney. Lived in his house 35 years. Nice guy. Coolest shovel ever. Kind of like a sled with a handle....no lifting. WOW i want one of those. He called Menards, Maynerds. I was confused for a moment...wondering why the bar on Lake Minnetonka was selling shovels...and why it would ever occur to someone to go there to purchase a shovel....when I realized he meant the hardware store. Ah yes. I'm brilliant.

Just as we finished, he slipped and fell. My first, cynical, thought was, there goes my savings! :o)

Here's the finished product (I know, you can't see very well...sorry):

We're supposed to get another seven inches or something during the night. I'm so pumped to go do that all over again. Grrr.

In other news, did you know Fritos have no preservatives in them? Corn, corn oil, and salt. YUMMM!!! I knew there was a reason I liked them so much!!!! :o)

1 comment:

timmer k. said...

I love the snow...if for no other reason than it keeps me from having to go to work today.

Stellar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win