Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

there was more...

Another working weekend coming up. This should be the final coat of paint in the kitchen and attachment of the baseboards. I think I finally found the look for my bedroom. Finally. It will involve a closet organization system. Going to spend some time at the Depot tomorrow after work browsing. Should be a good time. :o) Maybe I should sketch it out....ooh....sketching....

I was half a cup of flour short to bake my amish friendship bread tonight. Good thing I didn't promise it to anyone at work for tomorrow...i am SO not going to go buy flour tonight/tomorrow morning and then bake it before work. I did that whole wake up early to bake bread thing last time. So over-rated.

I have this vase that I decoupaged in college and in which I now store pens/pencils/scissors. I used a bunch of magazine cut-outs....and i love it. It sits to the left of my computer and sometimes I just find myself staring at it. It feels like life does sometimes....I feel all these things when i'm looking at it, but I can't put it into words. There are faint memories of what the full pages were, but it's melding into one piece of art. My favorite part is the quote "what to drive during your uncynical pre-burnout phase"....how did I miss that without even knowing it?

there was more....but it's just beyond my grasp. such is life...right?

4 comments:

Julie said...

i miss you, can we meet?

Topher said...

Bekah, two (2) things.

1) Thank you for continuing your experiment in blogging. I find this to be a good read.

2) In your cynical pre-burnout phase, definitely drive a forklift. I saw this guy taking one down Minnehaha ave. today and he looked like he was having a pretty good time.

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

julie - yes. when?

topher - i am fully certified and trained to drive a forklift...so i'll get right on that. :o) It is a very good time....typically lots of screaming as i run into things....(and they still passed me!)

Unknown said...

Hey, I have an awesome decopauge tray I made in college, and I still use it to throw change and jewelry on. I thought I had to be the only one who would hold onto something like that, but now I feel so much better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win