Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

or not

Everything in the backyard is too wet, so raking is postponed.

So, first. Has anyone seen the commercial for the "to go" pop-tarts? It's all about this girl who's getting asked to the prom by someone with whom she doesn't really want to go....and she's holding a pop-tart, about to eat it, and so can't run away. Ummmm. I've always thought of pop-tarts as a to go food. But apparently, if the cracker hard outside isn't portable enough, there are now pop-tart sticks for more convenience. Whatever.

Next topic....If you recall, I commented on the (red) campaign that's been going on for the past few months. It seems that the CEO of the (red) campaign wasn't too happy with the article (more so, the numbers) that adage published. He claims that the campaign has been a fantastic success and that adage didn't take into account all of the "awareness" that's been generated by the campaign. He also thought it absurd to suggest that the companies should have just donated the money they spent on advertising for the campaign. His argument was that in the month's since the campaign has started, they've donated more money than the benefiting fun had collected during all of its existence. Well, I'm sorry. But I would like to argue that isn't the best way to measure the success of a fundraising campaign. (red) set a goal, and has come nowhere near that number. That should be the measure of the success.

I don't really actually care about the fight that's going on....I am more interested in this new way of fundraising. The (red) CEO commented that all of the participating companies have most likely generated many additional sales from the (red) traffic. And I think that's more of what rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's just me, I don't get the feeling anyone involved in this project is really that concerned about the fund or the AIDS. It seems to me that they're all just very interested in generating a whole lot of media attention so that their store/music/etc makes more money. An understandable goal - just not when they're coming off as very philanthropic. I don't know what we'll call this....but it seems similar to greenwashing. A whole bunch of hogwash. Bottom line - they don't really care how much money they raise through (red) as long as they get a significant bump in profit.

Does anyone know where you can buy palm branches? Next week is palm sunday and one of my favorite sunday school memories is going home with palm branches on palm sunday. It brought the story to life so much. Any hints would be great.

Don't really have any other amazing topics of blogging tonight. A few random thoughts:
-It always surprises me how forthright people are when drunk.
-I am more naive than I thought.
-I keep thinking I want to go back to the way things were.
-Sometimes I think I was crazy to buy a house.

How is it Monday, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jerod Lucius said...

You may be the most random person I know, in a good way. Not sure about the comment on wanting things to be the way they were but I hope your doing ok. We miss you on Wednesdays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win