Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

day in the neighborhood

Well - the melting snow is wonderful - it means spring is on the way....I just don't like all the melted snow ending up in my basement. Why can't my mop pick up more water than it does? And why do I not know how to use the wet function of my shop vac. Argh.

I'm a bit of an advertising/commercial snob and tonight I realized why I hate Old Navy's commercials so much. There's only ONE and they play it over and over and OVER again. While it may be achieving the goal of making everyone aware they sell spring/summer dresses, it's probably also making people never want to hear about Old Navy dresses again. Driving me NUTS.

In related news, here's a fun game to play: Watch commercials and try and guess what show is on! Denture paste? Maybe it's the price is right! Birth control? Maybe it's america's next top model (or essentially anything on the new CW...). It's super fun. It's also eye opening to see that perhaps you're not the target audience for the show you're watching....why do I always end up seeing commercials for centrum silver?

Do you ever wake up and realize that, for no apparent reason, you were crying in your sleep?

5 comments:

Mariah said...

You must be crying in your sleep because you miss me so much. Right?

Sending love and wishing for a coffee date...

Jerod Lucius said...

That commercial game sounds fun. You should market it, just the guy from Office Space and his "Jump to Conclusions" game.

Have you noticed that sometimes a feminine product commercial will run occasionally during a seemingly male sporting event? I always wonder why they do that.

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

my game is WAY cooler than the jump to conclusions mat!

And the reason they show feminine products during sporting events is because WE WATCH SPORTS TOO!! seriously.

Similarly, we also buy This Old House magazine and get offended when the editor write "to you men"....AUGH!

Ben Kohlmann said...

three weeks ago the primary sponsor of "24" was Victoria's Secret...fascinating

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

victoria secret has a nice niche....they sell to both women AND men...and sometimes I think it's aimed even a little bit more at the men portion....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win