Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Friday, November 16, 2007

this blog i once read....

Back in college i used to peruse numerous blogs on.....xanga, maybe? There was one that i read relatively regularly....not sure how i found it. I'm sure it was a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend....so a friend thrice removed?

Anyway. Her writing style was very conversational, yet reflective....made me keep coming back. Many of her posts were complaints/comments on life in college...and while I don't remember many of the specifics, one thing stuck with me. She was addicted to coffee. To the point where it perhaps mimicked others' addiction to cigarettes...and she pretty much subsisted on only coffee. Which I thought of this morning as I had my breakfast (of coffee) and remembered my dinner (at caribou) last night. Hrm. :o) That was it...that was the point. My coffee of late made me think back to this random blog i used to read.

Which makes me think about all the things in life that we experienced so briefly that we have but faint memories. Seems to happen frequently to me....most often in re-meeting people I met long ago in one of those fain memories. My friend Abby recently brought up our trip to Sonshine Music festival and how we caught a ride with a band from the cities.....of which we knew one member that did not ride with us. So random, so weird, so almost forgotten! And there are SO many others. Random youth group trips, college interactions in classes, dorm gatherings, etc. Makes me feel old.

And that is all for the moment.....
!!
-R :o)

oh, ps. we got IM at work. there will DEFINITELY be a post about THAT later.... HA!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win