Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Friday, November 02, 2007

the earth

So, I'm trying to be more environmentally friendly lately. I've taken to carrying around these canvas bags in my car so when I go grocery shopping or target shopping, i don't need to choose between paper and plastic. I've become more vigilant about recycling.

And then yesterday, I was in line at the Factory Card Outlet. As I watched the cashier ring up my purchases and then bag them into my eco-friendly canvas bag...I wondered if she thought it was ironic as I did that I was buying paper plates and cups. UM, shoot.

In other news...halloween was wednesday. Anyone have any advice on how to deal with pre-teen hoodlums? I had two doorbell rings (this was my first time ever doing anything with trick-or-treating) and the first was a group of six boys in skater gear (not a costume, i've seen them skating all over the neighborhood). I gave them some candy and then noticed that a bag of leaves from my neighbor's yard was split and opened all over my yard....as well as a large rubber ball one of the hoodlums was kicking around. When asked, they claimed to know nothing about the ball (that i'd just seen them kick) or the scattered bag/leaves/rake.

What the heck. How do I find their parents?! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Out! Happy WEEKEND! :-D
-R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my advice:
Kick their ass seabass!

timmer k. said...

Ya see, Rebekah--this is why Minnesota has a conceal and carry law. You just whip out that handgun and say, "Are you SURE you don't know anything about those leaves? I bet you boys could get all of them cleaned up before I shoot one of you."

Works every time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win