Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

neighborhood news...

I homesteaded my house today...not really sure what that means except that my property taxes are supposed to be lower. Yay! I felt about 12 years old when I went into City Hall....felt weird.

Driving back I encountered another one of my neighborhood wanders...not the creepy "may be a molester" man....this was a guy who may have been deaf. I hope he was deaf, because otherwise he was just rude. There were cars parked on one side of the (two lane) street....and he was walking directly down the middle of the open area. Um. So I had to follow him at negative 2 miles per hour for a BLOCK. I didn't wan to honk because we were only about two blocks from my house and what if he followed me!? So yeah. Dumb.

In other news, I shared a different neighborhood story with my Mom this afternoon. She didn't appreciate it. Turns out that when I'm approached at 11:30pm in the Rainbow parking lot by a creepy man asking for a ride....she doesn't want to know. I shared with her the tips I shared with all my girls when I was a CA:
-Let the person know that you see him/her
-Avoid the person (I walked around the other side of my car...yes, he was that close)
-Be alert...don't be talking on your cell phone completely unaware of your surroundings...and don't be digging in your purse without watching around you
-Don't wear your hair in a pony tail (nice handle to grab during abductions)
-Expect the worse (I was prepared to throw my groceries/eggs/milk at him....or run him over with my car)

See how this works?! :o)

It's cold and starting to snow here....and since I haven't made my declaration yet this season...let me just say: I HATE WINTER!!

Thankyouthatisall. :o)
10th annual thanksgiving-eve party tonight....YEAH edina! :o)
love!
-r

2 comments:

timmer k. said...

In case you didn't know...it was 73 and sunny today in DC. Come visit us--escape winter!

Jess(ica) said...

You know, if you hate winter - Minnesota really isn't the best place to live. And Tim - that had to be a fluke because when I was there two weeks ago, it was frickin' freezing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win