Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Friday worked!

I love my church and I love my pastor. :o) As he says, Happy Easter.....SO great because it proves that GOOD FRIDAY WORKED! I don't remember if I've been to one of our Good Friday services before, but this year's was really thought provoking. To sit and feel the weight of nailing your sin into the cross...as though directly nailing Christ to the cross...is immense. But then to pause and realize what my world would be like if that's all it was? If there was no Sunday. No resurrection. No washing clean as snow. I almost walked out onto 7th to get hit by a bus. I know that most of the time I suck at remembering the weight of that sacrifice. But to stop and think about how my life would be different if it was all a lie? I don't even wow. I think the most significant thing I took away was how much I take this saving for granted. It's just a part of my life. We're in a continuous cycle where I screw up, feel like crap, ask for forgiveness, feel grateful for his acceptance, smile, move on, and then start all over. And how amazing is it that I can have a cycle like that? (okay, obviously it would be great if it wasn't so frequent, but the opportunity to continually start over? To know you're loved beyond anything you do? Or think? Or whatever? It's unconditional.) And so Friday was Good. Both because it worked, and because it was one of those infrequent moments in life when it all came together to hit me between the eyes.

You've got to read my friend Erinn's blog - I've linked it to the right. She's hysterical.

The monday night coffee girls and I went to Fridays on Saturday to visit Becca while she was working. Her parents happened to be there and chatted with us for awhile. Her mom commented how great it was that we had such a strong support network. We agreed. She said it was great because most people don't realize until they're much older that they need support like that. We said we're fully aware we're in need of a lot of support - which is why coffee will continue for hopefully many more years.

I was driving through the Lowry Tunnel the other day and noticed there were HUGE icicles hanging in the middle of the tunnel from a crack going from one side to the other! I do not this this is good. In fact, I believe it to be downright dangerous! One of those icicles could fall, pierce the top of my car, and KILL me. Luckily today on the way to church I noticed they were gone - now a bumpy pile of ice to the left of the lane. Hm.

At the end of service on Friday, the guy in front of me turned around and told me I had a good voice. I told him it was the girl next to me. He was unconvinced. I was baffled. This is the third time in a month someone (randomly) has said I've had a good voice. Perhaps constantly singing along to the radio CAN teach one to sing??

Yesterday I made a curtain for my kitchen door window. Today I bought a lamp with a shade that matches the curtain. It's very exciting. Welcome to my life.

Tomorow is the first day of power yoga! Hopefully this will be the perfect combination of the wonderful yoga class and the terrible pilates class. Cross your fingers. Una is apparently VERY good. YAY! :o) Downward facing dog, here we go!

Well, a few more things to get done around the house before kicking off this week of work.
Happy Easter to you all. I wish you could have joined my family for our wonderful Easter brunch. That's right, quiche, french toast bake, fruit salad, and lots of laughter. MMM. I hope your afternoon was good as well.
Love.
-me

ps. i owe lots of people calls (nicole, mariah, megan, aaron....i think there are more.) i'm sorry, they're coming...


1 comment:

Katrina said...

Thanks for finally linking me! Can you change my name to something that's not my actual name though, please? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win