Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Money Saving - Idea #3

How about those haircuts, huh?  I've done the $70 hair cut at Juut and I've done just about every low-cost salon out there too (Great Clips, Fantastic Sam's, Aveda Institute (students), and Juut's New artist acadamy). 

Perhaps I'm picky about my hair, but I don't find that the more expensive haircuts are always better.  I've stuck with a stylist when I've liked the initial cut, but the subsequent ones never match up. 

I recently connected with someone who's in the know about two Fantastic Sam's in Maple Grove.  She recommended a stylist at each salon and so I'm off to try the Bass Lake Road one this week.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Here's the style I'm requesting...


Fantastic Sam's info, in case you'd like to give either location a try.
Chelsey - Bass Lake Salon
**6334 Vinewood Lane Maple Grove – corner of 494 and Bass Lake Rd
Dori - Weaver Lake Salon
**12549 73rd Ave N Maple Grove – off of Weaver Lake Rd near Dairy Queen

Also, I just received a coupon for a $10.99 shampoo, haircut, and blowdry in the mail yesterday. I recommend calling ahead to verify the stylist is working - no appointments, but I plan on waiting for Chelsey even if someone else is available.


Other low-cost options:
  • Juut New Artist Academy - $25 to $35 for a cut & style
    • These stylists already graduated from beauty school, this is Juut's additional training
    • I've gotten checked by an instructor once (bonus!), but not the other 4-5 times I've been there
    • Fair deal - plan on paying about $5 for parking
  • Aveda Institute - $15+ for a cut & style
    • These stylists can be only a few months into school or just about to graduate
    • All haircuts are checked by an instructor
    • Plan on this taking about two hours
  • Regency Beauty Institute - $9 for a cut, $12 for a cut & style
    • These stylists can be only a few months into school or just about to graduate
    • All haircuts are checked my an instructor
    • I haven't been here, but I've heard that since the classes are smaller the instructor review is much more thorough. 
How about you?  Do you have any experience with the Regency school and/or any other great places to get a good, inexpensive haircut?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win