Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Money Saving - Idea #2

Who loves pudding cups for lunch??  I do, sometimes, but my husband would eat three in a day.  I typically don't buy these for us because...
1.  Who KNOWS what's in them to last so long...especially the shelf stable ones!
2.  They're stinking expensive!  I just saw six cups on sale for $2.79!

So, great idea....make your own pudding cups! 
I got two packages of pudding mix ($0.46 for a package at Aldi) and a gallon of milk ($2.69 at Aldi).  Then, I used the little tupperware type snack cups that are about the same size as a pudding cup.  (My mom found about 10 of them at a garage sale with lids for a dollar!)

Mix each flavor separately with just a little less than the two cups of milk the package specifies. 
Layer the flavors in the cups, put on the lid, and refrigerate!

By my math I spent about $1.50 for nine pudding cups...which saved $2.64!  And you can choose the flavors and combinations you want!  Wheeee!  :o) 

What flavors are you going to try??

2 comments:

Katrina Allen said...

Any idea how to use soy or almond milk instead and still get the same thick texture?

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

That's a great question! Have you tried using half the milk or twice the pudding mix?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win