Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wal-Mart's MECCA

I'm actually pretty excited to be here. Bentonville. Walmartville. Hicksville. :o) THERE'S A WAFFLE HOUSE!!!

So. First. Can I just say how much I love the show growing pains?? I think I have a crush on Mike....even thought it's totally old school.....he's so stinkin cute!!! (And then I found out it was Kirk Cameron....who I've always thought was cute. I was so bummed (in what, sixth grade) when I found out he was married.) But seriously. Such a good show!!!

Now, Bentonville. I show up at the mpls airport to fly out, and BOY was Emily right. You know how when you're driving into the airport and start merging to get in line to ticket/baggage/parking/whatever? Well, the first part of the building you see...the part that's farthest from the parking garage/checkin/security is where my gate was. Seriously. It was the farthest possible gate from which to depart!! A14. OH MY GOSH it blew chunks to walk that far. Then we get into Bentonville...and seriously...you get off into this thing that feels like a warehouse. And all I could think was, did walmart build this too?? Got my rental car (pretty sweet except the gas pedal is like 10 feet farther back than the brake...what's up with that?) and headed to the hotel. Fricken drive through the country...made me think I was totally lost for about 15 minutes....thank you mister walmart truck driver who went 10 miles under the speed limit. 11:50am...don't worry, I'm in no rush to get to bed. Get to the hotel JUST as the fire engine with flashing lights pulls up. Mmmm hm. Fire Engine. Flashing lights. Nothing much to note....apparently the alarm went off the lady didn't know to just hit acknowledge. Always hit acknowledge and it will shut up. So while she ran around with the firemen, i waited with an elderly gentleman and all of the smokers who stared as they came back in. Seriously, where are your manners. And now, I'm in my hotel room (which is quite nice....it even has a recliner/lazyboy thing!) and listening to TV through my wall....thanks neighbors. But really, I do like business travel. It kinda makes me feel all grown up. awww. :o)

And now, time for bed. I've been told I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow morning....i'll need some luck for that. G'night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win