Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Drugs, Sex, and Rock & Roll

Okay, so that's not really my topic for the day, it was just fun to say. I've actually had several topics I've wanted to post, but they're all pretty involved and I haven't wanted to dedicate the time. So, seeing as I have an all day conference to attend tomorrow (that starts at 7am), but to which none of my co-workers are going, i figured this was the night.

First, MN to WI drivers and WI to MN drivers. There are some key rules of the road that might be good to know (so that I don't continue to tailgate you):
1. The left lane is for passing. If you are not going faster than the cars in the right lane, you should be over there with them - in the right lane. NEVER be in the left lane going the same speed as the right lane.
2. If you notice that you are indeed going faster than the people in the right lane but that someone (perhaps in a white honda) is gaining on you, move to the right lane so she can pass you. Please feel free to move back into the left lane once said driver has continued past you.
3. If you suddenly find that the person in front of you in the right lane has slowed much more than you find to be agreeable, by all means move into the left lane to pass said person. However, immediately after passing said slower car (or group of slower cars), move back into the right lane where you can continue on your much slower than the left lane pace.
4. Don't drive with your turn signal flashing when you have no intention of changing lanes.
5. Try to maintain a consisten speed (there are new fangled things called cruise control that can help with this) so that you're not slowing down your white honda friend and then turning around and tailgating this same friend a few minutes later.
6. Bottom line - don't annoy me.

Let's see, another topic. Voting. I hope you voted today. Just today I came up with an idea that I think is pretty dang good. Somehow we should enact a law that says if at least (i gave the example of 80%) of eligible voters don't get out to vote, then the results are declared invalid. Or, perhaps we should make it illegal to NOT vote. So much effort has gone into getting everyone the right to vote, that I think it's just ridiculous when people push it aside (for whatever reasons). And side note, don't ever let lack of information be your reason for not voting. We have this thing called the internet. Do some reasearch.

Semi-related to the above paragraph: I'm super annoyed by all the bias. Where in the world can one find UN-biased information in today's day and age? There might be the assumption that a city newspaper might provide some insight, but with the obvious slant in both major Mpls papers, I'm not going there for my info. Yeah, I tend to be more one party/side of the line than another, but that doesn't mean I want to be fed propaganda. I want clear information and no spin. Any ideas?

Other news....not sure. My house is still in progress. Election party tonight was great - yay watching the returns! I went to Madison last weekend and had so much fun - saw so many college friends, some middle school connections, mpls connections, it was great. Made me want to move there....the church we went to was super great too. Mmmm. Madison. :o)

Well, it's late, I'll post again soon. I'm always suprised/smiley when i find out people actually read this!
Oh, and go/poor bears.
love!
-R

2 comments:

asdf said...

I'd recommend The Daily Show. :-) Episodes are back up on youtube, even though they were taken down not too long ago.

Actually, I prefer the BBC for all my news needs. I figure an international news source is the least biased available.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for posting!

I wholly agree on your presentation of driving etiquette. However, I must say that I am not appreciative of drivers who do not allow for an ample amount of time for a driver to change lanes and decide to go around on the right hand side. That's what causes accidents, not people obeying the speed limit.

And there's absolutely no reason to be going 15 miles over the posted speed limit. Even if you don't know what the speed limit is, if you notice you're passing 90% of the vehicles "hella fast", then you should probably slow down.

But I'll be on the lookout for little white Hondas on the road and the crazed, cursing women behind the wheel. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win