Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

grocery shopping!

I just got back from grocery shopping. How much do I love grocery shopping? TONS! Especially with the self-checkout. Pretty much, I hated grocery shopping before those things were installed. Yeah, they pretty much make the experience amazing. Amazing.

Okay, i'm feeling a little cooky and crazy tonight. I think it's a good thing. :o)

But so, grocery shopping. That's the topic. Many memories with grocery shopping. We always used to go with our Mom and ride in the cart. Now that I think back, I'm not really sure how she actually shopped with all of us kids in the cart, but heck, it must have worked.

First memory: trying to understand the prices. Couldn't for the LIFE of me figure out how you knew if it was pennies or dollars (i think this was at the time they still used those cute little white stickers with the dollar sign and the cent sign....yeah, i'm old school). And even then, YES, even THEN - my little mind was acrobating throught the economics of pricing - why don't they price it lower I wondered....wouldn't they make more money because more people would buy it? But then again, less money, so there must be some type of balance between what the right price is and what the right number of people buying it is (yes, it appears, now that i think back, that i was destined to be a HUGE dork) (of course, it wasn't until i was probably in middle school that i figured out the whole "it's a quarter to" thing....i never understood how people understood what hour it was a quarter too!). Okay. Sorry.

Other memories. I semi-dated this guy the beginning of my sophomore year of college. I say semi-dated because we went out to food once, and then went grocery shopping all of the other "dates"....which isn't necessarly a bad thing if it was only like twice....but no, this was at least half a dozen times and only over the course of two months. AND, it was mainly to get these frosted sugar cookies that Rainbow sells....which he never shared with me! Obviously this relationship was doomed from the start, but still. Odd, don't you think (had one of those particular cookies a while after that whole fiasco...learned they actually taste quite gross...and might be filled with laxitives).

Ohhh, favorite? Using the quarry rainbow as my own personal vending machine. 4am on a wednesday and a few residents and I need some skittles or licorice? Off to rainbow! Those were some seriously fun times. AH. So good. :o)

Okay. There are probably more, but i need to finish my dishes and enjoying Frank Sinatra.
Question - what's up with this option for an updated blogger format? Any info to give me before i sign up??
yay :o)
-R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to need to help me find the fun in the self checkouts. I'm the guy that always scans something wrong and makes the lines back up. Those things hate me. I'm all about the new Lunds in NE Minneapolis, Surdeks is right next door and they have an escalator for your cart!!! Totally sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win