Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Saturday, June 06, 2009

this'll probably piss some of you off

but here's the deal.

I was thinking recently about comments other people make that could be considered offensive by me, but that I brush off because I believe people can have different opinions than I do.

I frequently get feedback that something I said offended someone. It occurred to me that if other people were as open-minded as they complain I need to be, they would be offended as infrequently as I am.

So basically, the complaint that my comments are offensive completely disproves your point that you're open minded.

And, the part that will piss some of you off: typically, other people = liberals.

I'm serious though. Perhaps not all conservatives do a good job of this, but I think I do a pretty good job of accepting "different strokes for different folks" and I don't think a lot of liberals do a good job of letting other people have different viewpoints than theirs! (To the point that I'm sure I'm going to get a comment about how closeminded this post is. ARGGGG!!!!)

Ps. When I run for office, I'm considering using this point as part of my platform.
Pps. I think I broke my foot today. It hurts a lot, looks like a hippo coming out the top of it, and I'm unable to walk on it. Why does this have to happen when my husband is out of town!? (This is just another reason I should not have gone to target today as it also broke my 2009 fast from Target....5 months is pretty good thought I think).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win