Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, seasons greetings, happy holidays. :o)

It seems, each year, as though the holidays sneak up on me more and more. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or because I'm no longer spending my days working retail and seeing the decorations begin around halloween...but I'm always suprised that Christmas is...Tomorrow. This year I was able to get the majority of my shopping done early (note to readers, stores/mall areas are MUCH less crowded on christmas eve) and just need to wrap everything up and head to the parents' today/tomorrow.

It seems the holidays are a time that make me pause and consider that I still feel as though I am straddling childhood and adult-life. I have the responsibilities of an adult but I feel about as responsible as a child. My family will attempt to pretend nothing has changed since we were elementary school-aged, but the differences will be there.

I don't know what my point is. Aren't the holidays the time to be melancholy (actually, that's a myth, but still)? Pensive, reflective, melancholy. Ah well, maybe it's meant for the New Year's.

In other news (as I procrastinate the gift wrapping), church today was really good. My pastor, amazing as he always is, noted that Jesus was born of a woman. You might not think this is revolutionary...but he tied it back to Genesis where God is speaking to the serpent and says he will place animocity between the serpant and the woman. Just intense that you can tie the virgin birth back to the beginning of time.

Anyway, Merry Christmas. May God bless you with a spirit of Joy this holiday season.
Love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win