Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Friday, December 01, 2006

long lost friends

I wasn't going to post about my birthday, but wow. The meaning of it has changed so much. I look back to times in college when it was all about planning a party and deciding where to eat and what to do and who to invite. Somehow, over the past few years, it morphed into what it is today: I don't really have any excitement for planning something, I just want to take this one day to reconnect with friends who have moved all over the globe. I need to be better about commemorating my friends' birthdays like they do mine. I just received an e-card from a guy I served tables with five years ago. He's in Brazil (and the small world that it is, he ran into my college roommate who's in Brazil as well)…but the last time I actually saw him, face to face, was probably three years ago. I got a note from a friend I haven't seen since 1997, a note from a different friend who I just saw again last month for the first time in two years or so…and so it goes.

I think it makes me realize that we're not just passing through this world, we're making connections and building relationships. And I am completely, totally, and clearly blessed by each person I've encountered. You all are amazing and I love you each, completely.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win