Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

GA Eve

What. A. Day.

Traffic.
No togo coffee.
Few students.
"not liked"
Bad numbers.
"snippy"

Made some cupcakes. Watched some TV. Grey's Anatomy on tomorrow....SEVEN PM! (not 8pm...oops).
I need a VB team. NEED. Not want, NEED.

Interesting article - http://storefrontbacktalk.com/story/091606movie.php
"Perplexing popcorn payment problem" (amazing alliteration, eh?) - but seriously. What is the future of the movie theatre as we know it? As I was reading the article, I pondered - would I really want an experiencial movie theatre? It brings to mind visions of that feature at Walt Disney World - i don't know what the film is now, but when i went it was Honey I shrunk the Kids and you had the mice tails near your ankles and the wind and the smell and the etc. I don't like that. I don't necessarily want to be cold when the characters are cold, or wet when they're wet, or whatever. I'd be willing to pay more to NOT have that happen thank you very much. The draw for me is that it's something outside of your house to do with people that isn't necessarily high in energy. I'll go to a movie when i want to see a friend but we're not really up to dishing life with each other for two hours over coffee. To some extent it's the nice, "i need to see you so we keep the friendship moving along but i don't necessarily have anything to share and we're not really merging friend groups or we've done the hang out over coffee/beer so much that it'll just be nice to be next to each other and not have to engage" thing. Is that the total 21st-century, digital, anti-social behavior/viewpoint? So what if it is. Am I totally off base?

I read a different article recently about the dropping price in LCD/hi-def/flat panel TVs because of the grown interest in the home theatre. It seems the consensus in Best Buy type stores/vendors/take on customers is that people aren't as in to going to the movie theatre and would prefer to stay in and view the picture. Maybe. The whole claim of the above article was that just as music can be downloaded for free/cheap, so will new movies soon be available in formats other than the traditional movie theatre upon first release. Do I care? I don't necessarily HAVE to see a move in the theatre to enjoy it - again, it's all about another "event" option.

Or, to look at it all from a different angle, am I just completely off base as I'm totally not a popcorn at the movies girl? I don't know if I've ever gotten popcorn at the movies....and extend it to concessions in general....only when the guy insists (so cute)! So maybe I've totally missed the boat - any thoughts on this one?

Last.
*You're invited to my house, tomorrow, for Grey's Anatomy Season Premiere. SEVEN pm. Call me for directions.
*Also - do you, or anyone you know in the twin cities area, play volleyball at an intermediate level and are you (or your other vb-loving friends) available to play wednesday nights from mid-october to mid-march? Seriously call me - i might go crazy without at least one team)
*I need a grand gesture. Any suggestions?
*Prayer for the "__".

Love.
-R(as in totally Random tonight)

1 comment:

A. Engler said...

You don't have popcorn at the movies??? I HAVE to have popcorn at the movies. It's part of the movie experience for me.

And sometimes, there are movies that just HAVE to be scene on the big screen to be totally appreciated. I count myself blessed to have been able to see The Empire Strikes Back on the big screen. The same goes for Jurassic Park, Road to Perdition, The Two Towers and a host of others. There are just some films that have to be seen larger than life to fully capture the grandness and beauty of what the film-maker sees.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win