Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

catching up

There's been a bit of a blogging break, eh? And so, multiple topics today...

First, "sharing" your neighbor's wireless internet. Here's a link: read the article Basically it says if you're using wireless internet you didn't sign up for, you're stealing. My thought...and this option is mentioned...there are ways to secure your wireless internet. If my neighbor determines it's not worth his time and/or effort to password protect his wireless internet, then he has decided to share with me. So, it's not stealing. If there wasn't a way to secure the wireless internet investment made, then absolutely, using the neighbor's wireless internet is stealing. But, there is a way....a very easy way. (Side note, if the neighbor was smart, he would put his phone number as the name or password on the wireless network so whoever wanted to use it could call him and he could charge them money. People could band together and get neighborhood internet...save a bunch of money, etc.)

This brings us to topic number two. I am not borrowing my neighbor's internet because it is doubtful if any of my neighbors even have home computers or the knowledge of how to use one. The reason for the break in blogging was the "fun" I had with my initial internet provider: Qwest. Bottom line - Qwest now has at least one Better Business bureau complaint filed against it for illegal sales practices and Comcast now has my business.

Third, I LEARNED HOW TO CONSISTENTLY OVERHAND SERVE tonight!!! AH! So much fun! AND I found a group of people always looking for subs on their volleyball team!!! SO PUMPED! You can not begin to imagine the light in my eyes and the smile on my face tonight. I was glowing. :o)

Fourth, the first trip with a boy (my engaged friend) was fun. We saw fenway park, boston commons, and the charles river. We also saw seven hours of chicago midway and lots and lots of crossword puzzles (luckily, crossword puzzles were my minor in college, so we completed a TON). Our friend whom we saw in boston is now a married man. A husband. My engaged friend gets married in November, and then that leaves me as the last of the college friend group to be single. Weird.

There was more, but it can wait.
Love to you all!
Madison visit on the radar and so excited!
-R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shout out to the Madison visit! Someone here in Wisconsin cannot WAIT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win