Money saving ideas...Freezer cooking...Cloth diapering...Home decorating...and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

let's talk

Let's talk about webpages. Starting one. And page layout, in particular. I get peeved when an IT person tells me the best way to lay something out....when I'm pretty sure there's a better way from a "page-reading" point of view. Argh. Just give me the technical abilities of the site, and let me do what I think is best. Even if it's redundant. Best way to make a point? REPEAT IT. (sometimes termed redundant). ALSO, where do these IT people come up with these layouts?! I mean seriously. Worst possible design EVER. AUGH! I get so frustrated when there's no consideration of how to lay something out so that people actually USE it! I don't understand why website design people are people who apparently don't know how to use the internet and websites. Anyway. Thank you, end of rant.

In other news, let's talk about project runway and top chef. AMAZING! Yeah, i'm pretty much in love with these shows. And while I like Christian, Jillian is my favorite. So I'm starting to sew my own clothes. She's my inspiration. And really? I'm not sure what the judges saw in Sweet P. I thought all her stuff was boring and easy and blah. And so Top Chef starts in two weeks and i'm SO PUMPED. Such good food, such fun challenges, such interesting people! Yay!

Also, have I mentioned I love Google? Check this out! http://www.google.com/trends coolest thing EVER! And have I mentioned the 411 thing they do too? Call information for FREE! http://www.google.com/goog411/ Has anyone used the google reader? http://www.google.com/intl/en/googlereader/tour.html I'm interested to try this out too! So cool! I wish I'd done IT!

Oh yes:
-----------------------------------------
Dear Tom Rath...Turns out, I'm one of your best sales people and you're not even paying me. So far, in the past three months, I've helped you sell at least 45 books. Amazing huh? That's right, I'd like to be on your payroll. Love, Rebekah
-----------------------OR--------------------

Dear Amazon...Turns out, I'm one of your best advertising tools and you're not even giving me commission! In the past three months, I've helped you sell at least 40 books through your site. I'd like to begin seeing some of this profit. Please contact me through this blog and I will happily continue to help you prosper. Love, Rebekah
-------------------------------------------------------

And so other people/authors/musicians/websites take note. In the same way that I am helping Rath/Amazon in their endeavors (word of mouth and emphatic commitment to my opinions)....I could help take many people AWAY from your business. Please appreciate my comments and complaints....or you'll end up in the same catagory as Qwest (the company I use as my example of the company with the worst customer service, worst ethics, worst strategy, and the worst company to give your business). I will always choose the alternative to Qwest....even if it's dial-up internet. (I know I posted about my terrible qwest experience - which included a close call on an impact to my credit report - so when I find it, I'll link).

That is all for the moment I believe. Happy Thursday!
-R

1 comment:

Jess(ica) said...

Oh, how I love Jillian's coats. Mwah Jillian! Christian is talented, no doubt, but if I wanted Alexander McQueen I would just buy it from them (not that I can afford it though).

Have you checked out projectrungay.blogspot.com? Because the commentary is fantastic!

ps. I sorta liked Sweet Pea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win